Saturday, April 7, 2012

14 Monkey Business


Caution: This article depicts a serious business. You must be above 5 to read as well as understand. Read at your own risk. Parents advice solicited.


It was another Sunday. Though I could sense that it is more than my normal wake up time I felt like lying on my bed. Secret is I was trying to hop into my dreamland again from which I just was brutally pulled out by sounds of different frequencies, emitted cyclically at the other side of my room... sign of typical village morning. 
Dam-it ! the dream was incomplete again. I said to myself. 
I was in an island and dancing with this girl. I really love this feature of dream, you can do anything whether or not related to real life there. Don't know who she was. But certainly it was not my wife. she was a lot slimmer, beautiful, gorgeous, sexy and.. (you search for the adjectives and let me know through the comments I will put it here) she was wearing something which I can't think of my wife wearing even in my weirdest dreams. Thank God ! He has not programmed us to peep into other's dream. or else I would be thrown out of my house in that dream itself.

Leave it.. I consoled myself. 
Hopefully next sunday she will again come into my dream and hopefully this time the dream will reach at next level. sigh ! lot of hopes.. 
But why didn't the Romans keep two Sundays in a week. Morons.. Pure morons.. as if they had to loose their balls by putting another sunday in a week. or else they could have shortened the week. 10-15 gold coins to each senate of Julius Caeser or Octavian could have easily done the work. Ok read it gold plated. Stupid me am thinking as if my forefathers have left a gold mine for me.
I wish I could travel past.. I should seriously think of this invention !

My clock showed 8 on it's flat face. I left the bed hurriedly but stopped in front of mirror to check how I am looking as if I have changed in last night from what I was looking yesterday.. I smiled while brushing my hair to settle them. 
darn! this stomach.. don't know when I will get it flat.. I said myself while tucking it in. I don't know why girls don't like curvy men while men are mad for curvy women... dirty fashion. But seriously this could have saved us from regular workouts. 
...anyways today is Sunday I can skip my crunches. someone said. 
Suddenly my phone beeped the SMS tone.

"Good morning :-)... have a great day ahead"

message was from Monkey-miss aka Dimple. My best friend. she is so sweet.. Now I am almost habituated  with her text messages.. It seems that this Short Message Service is quite a tough string to hold us together our long distance relationship (read friendship).

"Good morning ! :-) just woke up.. feeling hungry"

I replied. Finally I discovered that my unsettling hairs have grown up enough to make me look messy and now they need a punishment of getting chopped. I was about to go to the bathroom again it beeped again.

"Have you got office today? or staying at home? " 
If she would have been someone else I would have teased her if she has any plan for a date. 

"don't know till now no call from the DON" (pet name of my boss.)

After returning from bathroom I checked my cell again.

"I have something important to talk to you. are you free now?" 
Now what important has she got to tell me..
"well... have to go for a haircut.. you can write for the time being will call you as soon as I ll make myself free."
I decided to walk to the saloon instead of taking my bike. It will be good substitute for work out
"yesterday the JP MORGAN guy talked to me and liked me even I liked his approach he seems to be nice"
Few days back she said me about this guy. Even I liked the proposal after listening about him.
"Oh is it?? poor guy ! seems someone is going to be sacrificed soon :P"
I reached at the saloon and there were 3 people still in queue ahead of me. so I started scanning one of the magazines there..and my cell vibrated again.

" But he seems to be a bit orthodox. he asked me directly whether I have any boy friends and friend who are boy or not?"
"So ?"
"I said yes I have some and he said he doesn't like to be friend with boys. So I won't be able to talk to you from coming Friday... My engagement day. That's why I asked you whether you are free? Wanted to talk to your for last time"


I didn't reply this sms. I was going to trauma by the high voltage shock. Felt like scolding her. How could she say like that..  I knew this female race.. selfish ! even chameleon  will take some time to change color. okay fine.. let her be happy with her Murga... 
while I was thinking all these...again my cell vibrated.


"I will let you know my marriage date. You have to come. I want to meet you for the last time."


What the hell it is.. am I a scapegoat who is being fed last time before handing over to butcher.. Thank god she is not in front of me or else I would have pulled her hair and scratched her face..  what game she is playing?? you don't want to talk to me.. you are calling me to your marriage and that is last time.. what the f..
cell again  beeped...
"Tell me you are coming"
Didn't want to make her mood off, so I replied...
"yes lemme see.. send the invitation first"
I sighed..  from now on wards won't reply any of her message.. seems the day is not good itself...I said to myself..
"you color changing chameleon ! you promised that you will come" 
There was no limit for my astonishment after receiving this sms. what a girl she is ?? who is changing color?
"will you please leave me alone for sometime?? and by the way am at saloon and it's my turn now... take care"
was my reply but then she called me.
I didn't pick up the call. Didn't want to even... some time was necessary for settlement of the tornado of feelings which was twisting my blood vessels of my heart.
Received a sms after the ring...
"you are my first April fool"


What ! ... what did you think there will be a trading of monkeys and you will count the profit and loss?? Now when you have finished reading go straight to the comment box and dump your abuses.. Khee Kheee (imagine my 32 teeth- powered by Happydent).

14 comments:

sowmya said...

great post! with international business :P, hope no one can plan in such a way to fool :P :) great moments right! thanks for sharing ur side effects! :D keep writing & smiling always!

Pranabananda Jena said...

:D :D
Hope the light coming from my teeth didn't bother you much and side effects didn't affect you to scratch your head...
Good to know that you liked. :-)
Thank you for visiting !

sowmya said...

ya wearing cooling glass! due to flash of bright light! :D u don't worry keep showing ur teeth :D lol

Bindhya said...

Love it....You made me laugh :D.. Good post..but, how can you judge your Best friend wrong ??

Pranabananda Jena said...

@ Bindhya:
Thank you for your 32 teeth which enlightened and encouraged me (Hapydent is recommenced for better light :-) )
Sometimes you don't get time to think what's going on while things keep on rolling and in that small time the thoughts you get shouldn't be called judging. isn't it??
So Keep showing your teeth (until it pains..)

sowmya said...

nice changes in ur blog! cool blue!
& yes i loved the way bindhya asked something about truth! :D

Bindhya said...

@Sowmya: Thank you :)



Pranab! I'm waiting for Life||, make it soon...

Pranabananda Jena said...

Thank you Sowmya !
Seems you the answer above couldn't satiate you. :P
@Bindhya: Would try to complete it and hope it will come up to your expectation...

sowmya said...

Indeed! perfect & reliable answer will! :P

Divya Arun said...

Good one... A perfect way of making an April fool!!!!!!!!.. hehe

Pranabananda Jena said...

Thank you Divya ! for commenting. :-)

Bindhya said...

Eleven months pasted, we didn't get anything to read from u :-( .
Hope u remember u have a blog :P

I'm waiting for ur next post..

Pranabananda Jena said...

I appreciate your eagerness for this blog Bindhya !
Thank you for visiting. I will try to be regular in my post

Bindhya said...

Too kind Mr.Pranab. Thanks so much for your appreciation.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails